Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snows blows

 
From my front porch to your bitter heart.
Please don't get me wrong, though. After the brutal Summer we had here in North Carolina, I originally welcomed the sight of snow. It wasn't until I had to return to my house, which rests ever so inconveniently about halfway up a moderately steep hill. A hill that has not been paved or salted. A hill that is covered with roughly an inch or two of snow on top of an inch or two of ice. Needless to say, my PT Cruiser made it all of about 50 feet up the hill before getting stuck, and sliding back. Getting down the hill this morning was not problem and sliding back down it this afternoon was pretty easy too. So now I am parked across the highway in a medical park that's about 100 yards from my house. After making it back to my house on foot, I am left wondering one simple thing: Why is it that a bearded and overweight guy like me can make it up a hill easier with two boot-covered feet than a car with 140+ horsepower with four newish tires? 

No comments:

Post a Comment